Monday 27 November 2017

EBBING INTO THE TIDES OF SILENCE



You paused your heart for me
but it was so much a precious gift
to be appreciated by me
here you lie as a thread
lifeless like a stone
but stones, even make noise when stricken.
every sound in you has gone dumb
you are deaf to my slaps.

Now you're definitely going to go
on the rough narrow road
where grand pa and ma
said they'll be waiting
tell them, I shall join soon
but then, not until grand ma
stops preparing her naked
ground soups with Banku
for the wife she found me
has given me ductile reasons to stay
bolted to a woman irrespective of her cooking skills

Tell her, it was her skills she learnt
which is keeping me alive for another century
and unlike her saltless soup, I've found
a beautiful reason to live while I may.
but soon, very soon, we will end up like grand ma
with dead taste buds stuck on my tongue.
---Fampah Coyish---



1 comment: