Monday 11 December 2017

I COULDN’T WRITE YOU A SONG


The days of toil
on this soil
Gradually passing as clouds
and age is only become,
Something of great interest to men-
something to be celebrated.

I wish I could write or even sing you a song
to complete this celebration
So I write you a lullaby
in your youthful days
As my alibi
for I couldn’t write you a song;

May your troubles and problems, fall to sleep
as this lullaby is heard
And your love grow,
like the old Adansonia digitata in the Savannah

May your joyous songs be full
and in days where there aren’t any left,
In your heart,
May your mind be full of songs
and your heart turgid of prayer

I would write you a
if I could,
But I couldn’t
I would paint you with words,
if I have the brush of numerous vocabularies;

But I couldn’t know how best to
but, a lullaby I leave you with,
To alibi you in your sleepless times.
---Fampah Coyish---

No comments:

Post a Comment