Saturday 12 October 2019

OLD FASHION


‘To be a boy is to be dirty’
he said to be a woman,
all you need is a torn hymen.
mummy, daddy said he loves you
but he loves me more

because my breast looks
more rounded, unlike yours
he loves to see me naked more often.

last year he entered my room 
slipped into my pants
& landed in between my thighs.
daddy says i should not tell you else,
your love for him will go stale.

an obedient daughter of a man
whose dagger he cannot lay quiet in its sheath i was,
being obedient like to you have taught me

i am pregnant for you mum,
a child of your own blood.
i am sorry.

weep not, the second child you couldn’t bear daddy
i give you
the day he knew i had a hymen
he took me, and broke it
to him, keeping a hymen safe is old fashion.
---Fampah Coyish---


Photo Credit:[nigeriareporter.com]

1 comment: