Tuesday 25 November 2014

I WISH, BUT NOT MY FAULT

~I WISH, BUT NOT MY FAULT~ 

I wish I could take – 
Take much pride in this- 
This soot smeared on my flesh. 

I wish I were just naked to the eye 
Yet invisible to the mind and thoughts.
I wish all thoughts and minds were same- 
But would I still have taken much of pride 
In this cream smeared? 

I wish I were colourless 
I wish I belonged nowhere-just neutral 
Where the thoughts of racing to heaven 
Wouldn’t be a priority. 

I wish I could so much boast in this black coat 
For I just want to be unbiased
For I am tired- 
Tired of watching this races-this game of racing 
Where no one seem to get to win 
For I have no desire in taking sides 
But yes, have no choice 
No, have I any? 

So I will take my helmet of pride 
For there shouldn’t be shame in 
Joining your own rank 
So I will join my folks in this ride 
And enjoy the breeze of the speed 
For its not my fault to be born black. 
---Fampah Coyish--- 

© By Fampah Coyish-Awoken By Poems 2014 

No comments:

Post a Comment