Friday 28 September 2018

BROKEN MIRROR & THE PERFECTIONIST


i am a broken mirror
sometimes i just need someone
to pick me up, look their faces in mine
and smile

.that assurance that i am valuable.

that in my broken nature
i too, could serve a purpose
at least be useful in mine own way.

you could not look me
in my broken nature for long.
you could not admire to behold
my imperfect state.

Oh, i was a broken mirror!
also capable of giving my opinion
worth advising and hold a confidence
when handed one

capable of sharing scaring secrets with!
just like the other whole pieces.

you looked far too much
on my broken edges
and the cracks within

and when i stood before you
it always was the crooked edges  you focused on
forgetting my little uses each day.

i was a broken mirror
and you could not admire
to accept my imperfect nature.

Oh, i was a broken mirror
and you, my poor perfectionist.
---Fampah Coyish---

©Awoken by Poems-Fampah Coyish 2018

No comments:

Post a Comment