Sunday 2 September 2018

I REMEMBER...


i remember the day
you said you will take your own life
because i could not love you
how you expected me to.
     that night, i begged you not to
and you still threatened me
that you will not survive the morning
if my love will not thrive with you through that night 
and the mornings on wards
     i remember  i told you i loved you
and love could not cure all diseases-
that i could not stand your untamed manners
             .and you promised in a pool of tears
              a second chance would birth your change.
     but that was when i should have sublimed with the night
leaving no traces of my love with you
     i should have allowed you too!
my mistake was making you live
when i had the opportunity to help you
count those pills down your throat,
one by one, colour by colour
---Fampah Coyish---

No comments:

Post a Comment