Friday 23 May 2014

A GENTLEMAN

~A GENTLEMAN~

I opened the door for Anna
Anytime I wrong her I go like; hey I’m sorry please
I wiped my sweaty face with my white sleeve
While under my umbrella she walks with ease.
You call me a fool
But hey no, don’t say that
For I have my reasons
I’m just trying to be a gentle man.

I know dad calls me a fool for he says I’m crude
Yes but at times he calls me good
Well, I know but I just want to be a gentle man.
He says it not anything someone could buy
Nor a property to inherit
But you know,

Jane said I could be, even though I’m crude
And that it’s just a matter of time
No need to go to school.
For she will scoop my coarseness away
And like bam!
The gentle man I want to be I will be.
---Fampah Coyish---

© By Fampah Coyish-Awoken By Poems 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment