Saturday 24 May 2014

ENSNARED BY POETRY

~ENSNARED BY POETRY~

Am trapped in this poetic world
Shackles on my feet, I can’t run away
Eyes fastened by diction, I can’t find a way
Am ensnared by Poetry and its seen in written word

I am daily being swallowed in, in the infinite deep of this passion
Holding me so, in ever tightening rings and in refrain
I find myself rhyming, and am afraid I can’t let go, just simply drawn
Am sucked in, deep, past, reachable marks known

And they say we are just infected
That such passion will ever leave us transcended
In things particular and resented
That life can’t hold us in such habits repeated
That if we don’t give up and have poetry repented
We will remain outsiders ever discriminated

Daily lashes on my soft brains
I can’t stand it yet I can’t refrain
Maybe I’m an addicted slave
I hate to rhyme but I’m ensnared, and just a slave
I’m in chains and I need a change-
An inspiration to inspire my liberation
Yet chances look slim.

My world is too dark,
No light of happiness, always cuffed to the quill.
I’m sick and tired of the pains of wanting my words to prill
Whiles the tattoo of my pain always comes to patrol
From a faraway land out of the boundaries of my soul.
My agonies embedded on my heart-I’m enslaved

I’m stuck behind these poetic bars
Always harvesting regrets of birth in my sad plantations
Yet hoping to find a story that could get the most suitable
Lines that could be sung as praises
For my bravery during my torturing times.
Branded “Poet” on my skins, I can’t escape-
People will find me, send me back
To my copious emotions for ransoms for I’m tagged.
Wrists tied to ankles with chains of pun, it’s impossible to break loose
Even though with a strength, as much as Zeus’
I’m ensnared by poetry, just a slave, so till the end of my life
I will endure!

---Ronald K. Ssekajja, Fampah Coyish---

© By Fampah Coyish, Ronald K Socratise Ssekajja-Awoken By Poems 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment