Thursday 13 February 2014

HEALS NOTHING

              ~HEALS NOTHING~
                                         


Everything stood still

You could hear the sound of an ink drop
As I sat and drunk away tot by tot
All my worries and thoughts.
Vehemently as I drunk,
My bowel felt quite full but-
My worries weighed quiet much more than before.
With streams of warm sweat,
Tickling my face, back and belly
I felt funny within
As my system begun to intoxicate.

That is a symptom of its digestion !
This thought rushed in my head
As a flash of light
and with an eruption of laughter,
I uttered a nonsensical gibberish
I am happy!
It never made sense but
I was the happiest
In the world's crystal eyes
For in a while I was going to be
Liberated from all my worries and cares

Suddenly, it all came to a speedy dwindle
And to an abrupt halt.


And my naive quote;

Happiness always lasts longer with alcohol
Ate me up-
So suddenly!
Perhaps my burdens were too hard
For the catalyst to soften
Like a boiled rock, too hard to be cooked soft.


My fears, depression, nightmares, anger and self-hatred

Appeared so naked and domineering
With an ever new energy
My brains has now revived and back to normal once again
As a result of their time out.


It is true a man drinks his worries away not his brains.


They kept coming and coming
So I doubled the reaction
And became sober again
But still with an awaiting fears
For I saw alcohol is just a first aid,
It heals nothing.

© By Fampah Coyish-Awoken By Poems 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment