Wednesday 12 February 2014

THE IFs OF TOMORROW

                                                     ~THE IFs OF TOMORROW~

If tomorrow never comes
And my friends will have no pity
When I am gone, and will laugh at my works
Even when I have not set on my journey yet.

If the earth will not accept me
To lie deep down in her bosom
But can only spare me a four feet boys quarters
In the outskirts of her swampy mercies.
If my lover will grin a smile saying within herself
Poor fool, he is gone forever-
Now I can test the waters!

If tomorrow never comes and-
If my family cannot give me a last bath
For fear of my skin wearing away
And because they still hold me tight in their hearts
That they cannot watch me wear away just like that
For then they have realised the truth
In the scriptures that I am made of clay.

If life, my accuser will press charges for the fleshy laws
I defiled and demand reasons for-
Keeping the bony ones
That caught me in the throat of my mortal existence.
I will still lie humble and await with patience
The jury’s verdicts.

But if my tomorrow ever comes
I will have pity on those friends-
But will always use the back doors of mine heart
And I will choose the next time carefully
I will tread the earth cautiously
So to always have her compassion
I will humble myself for indeed
I am just clay.

I will choose my love ones sensibly
And If I am given a chance to love,
I shall love wisely but dearly.
I will give freely-
And worship my creator religiously
With the unpriced talents of my today.
---Fampah Coyish---

© By Fampah Coyish-Awoken By Poems 2014
     

No comments:

Post a Comment