Friday 18 July 2014

BENEATH YOUR WHITE SHEETS


~BENEATH YOUR WHITE SHEETS~ 

I have taken much of my chances 
And missed more of my opportunities 
But today I have come to know 
What it means to be liberated 
And what it takes to be free- 
What it entails to be gone 
How it seems to be a living ghost 
Living in tomorrow’s mansion while in the 
Broad day light of one’s today. 

I have been refined by the yearnings of your soul 
Like a crude oil, and I’m now the finest petrol 
And I’m once more ready to burn to ashes, 
To make what is gone go forever. 
So in a child’s humility I beg of you 
To bury our past and cover it with its 
Grey hairs of our mistrusts, immaturities 
Insecurities, misunderstandings and all the likes  
That are thousands in precision. 

For I won’t again sit where I sat yesterday 
Neither will I sleep where I slept yesterday 
Or stand where I stood the day before yesterday. 
So let me once more-just let me for this once sleep beneath  
The white sheets of your skins tonight 
For I want to cover myself with this warm compassionate 
Sheets of your skins 
While you wrap those comfortable heavy 
Blankets of your heart around my reckless heart. 
The same heart that fought itself and tore 
To pieces you, from its presences  
So let me dive into the white sheets of you skin 
Till I'm completely drowned in your forgiveness, 
As I continue to swim in the oceans of my remorse 
Beneath the white sheets of your skin. 
---Fampah Coyish--- 

© By Fampah Coyish-Awoken By Poems 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment