Saturday 7 February 2015

BEFORE I LEAVE

~BEFORE I LEAVE~

If I wake before I sleep
And die before I wake,
Know that I loved you.
And that I will always do-
Even in my bed of maggots,
With a rotten heart I shall love you more.

If I wave before I say goodbye
With hanging tears that wish never to fall.
If I ever leave without saying I love you,
That I am sorry for all the pains caused you.
That I never wished to hurt you
Not even unintentionally,
Just know that I shall still love you
With my rotten heart.

Even after that vacancy I created in your heart
Is reoccupied and there be no room
For thoughts of me to reside.
For my place is taken by another,
That the little thoughts of me begins
To leach and escape you,
For the powers of a new love begins to fill it
And I cannot help it seeing you,
From the land of the invisible.
I shall be a man enough.

Even when I have lost my residence in your heart,
I shall love you more than I ever did
And my jealous rotten heart
I shall pluck off the chest of my poor soul-
Not out of jealousy but out of my undying love for you
And my back I shall turn on you
With much pain just as when the soul
Evacuated my body-
But not due to jealousy but because
For all I ever wished you was happiness.
So my heart I shall place in my palm
And watch it closely as it beats for you
Out of my jealous soul.
For I cannot sit to watch the torments my poor jealous
Soul shall inflict on this dear heart,
For still beating heavily for you.
For love and jealousy must not reside in one room. 
---Fampah Coyish---

© By Fampah Coyish-Awoken By Poems 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment