Tuesday 10 February 2015

THE CHILD YOU LEFT

~THE CHILD YOU LEFT~

The world you left behind has grown old
And since you left
I have prayed,
And I still pray
For him to grow into a gentleman-
A bright one.

The young man you left,
The stubborn world has grown old.
I thought he would change as he advanced in age,
But people hardly change-its true!
That little twat you left behind.
Hoping he grows to be a much better gentle man
Is getting out of hands.

The boy you left is twenty-one,
And I wonder
What sort of world he would be as he wax in age.
The world you left is full of wickedness, hatred
Concupiscence, debauchery,
And all the worst things you could think of as a mother-
And a creator.
I am not sure this is the future you visioned for him.

That beautiful child you left behind,
To be nurtured.
To be a better person to every creature,
Has gotten out of hands.
And we the men of the house have no idea
How to control his attitude for we are not better enough.
For just mere men we are with no clue of a mother’s love.

This wonderful world you made for men
Is growing terribly fast
And he gets me wondering the sort of world
He would be when he turns twenty-two.
I am in doubt-
And not sure even if you knew his destiny
You will delight in his current demeanor.
---Fampah Coyish---

© By Fampah Coyish-Awoken By Poems 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment