Thursday 21 May 2015

LIKE A BLIND MAN


I am not afraid.
For like a blind man,
Who has never seen the size of his Penis-
Yet cherishes it,
For at least he has something hanging
That makes him feel proud-
For surely, he would not be left out,
When counting men;
You make me proud, 
You complete me as a man, and
I am not ashamed to have you!

So as a parrot on his first speech lessons,
I shall utter your name in every breathe-
For as a man who is blind
Makes known his plight;
I am not afraid to broadcast us
For as fresh air,
I need you on every breathe.

I am not afraid!
Like a man who is blind
Begging for arms;
I will always sing and shout your name out
With an undying confidence
For like a blind man, I am not afraid.

As a blind man sings of his plight with hopes…
I am not afraid of the rage, hatred, jealousy,
And the scorning sights of those with sight.
I care not much of how much,
Or how less my begging pan is filled-
I am content with it content;
I love you just as you are,
And care less of what the Sayers may say.
I am not afraid!

Like a blind man stands alone
 With his bowl in his hands
I am not afraid to stand alone
With you in the midst of people
With your hands in mine.
---Fampah Coyish---

© By Fampah Coyish-Awoken By Poems 2015

1 comment:

  1. This is an expression of great appreciation for what one has and learning to love and live with it despite the desire and tempting allurement for more. It really speaks of Narcissism. Great work my friend.

    ReplyDelete