Friday 8 May 2015

TO LOVE AND TO HATE


In the days of yore, when our
Love was young and new,
You were it all for me, everything,
You did then was funny and fun
You were so considerate of me
Everything single time felt like a
Beautiful sunset....


But time, that insatiable murderer
Of all that is joyous, the rude
Teacher and curer of all fevers,
He finally caught up with us and so hard he did
Hit us with reality in the face.


Today, I know and feel that love is never enough
 Love is never there to stay and where it is,
So will hate languish and wait patiently,
Assured of its victory regardless of when.
For once, you looked at me with love laden eyes,
And oh, how I bloomed inside, lending a guilty
Glow to my skin!
How I believed that I was extraordinary!

Yet now, with eyes full of hate you
Behold me as though I were commonplace
And for that, I endeavor and despair in one.
A cold fear runs in me, turning into cold
Impotent ash where your words once set me Aflame.
I want to save what we had, to hang onto it and laugh one more Time

It's the same fear that warns me, implores me to Run,
That feebles my heart
That scolds me like an irate mother, arguing that I am
Doing too much
That it's my heart I am wearing too
Close on my sleeve....
Still, I have you and you me,
To love and to hate until failing to try does us apart.

Counting the years gone by, still counting
Still searching for where the fault lies loosened
So I would tighten with my apologies
If there could be enough to satisfy thee.
Were you the same queen I vowed to?
That even death never tore us apart?


Where have you gone to?
Where are you?
You seem closer yet far away than I can feel
Where is you-the then you?


You were sweet and humble
Quiet but lively
But time, now your insatiable murderer
After granting you your heart desires
To be lavishly wedded
Your sweetness and humility,
Wore away like your daily face powder.
I am sure it was never in your ability-
It was all a smoked screen.
The love the sweet names that you called
And you expect me to love you like never
When you have decided to grow horns
When you have become bigger than myself?

I am sick and tired of your repetitions
When all that I say to you is nothing but trash
Yet you expect me to continue
 To love you in a rush;
Treating you like a princes and never bash?
Never!
I was blinded by love
I lost my sight so I could not perceive
The beasts in you.
But ah!
But now I can see
With my vague lens of regret but
Still, I have you and you me,
To love and to hate until failing to try does us apart.
---Namugga Shamim, Fampah Coyish---

© By Fampah Coyish-Awoken By Poems 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment