Friday 7 March 2014

ACCEPT ME AS I'VE COME



~ACCEPT ME AS I'VE COME~

Here I come, Oh! Here I am
With eyes filled with tears
And body cracked due to drought
To your shrine, even in my tattered regalia
I come to your shrine
And as I’ve come, I’ve come not to ask
Not for a pesewa, a penny
Nor even for a pin.
But with a little cola
I took with me; I come to offer from a fat heart.
Accept me and accept my offering
As I kneel in your shrine.
Oh! God of my father’s fathers
Despise me not, for my rotten teeth
And my bushy armpits
As I raise my voice and hands in praises and adoration.
Let not the sight of them poison your Mercies,
Your kindness and your forgiving nature.
Nor deafen your ears
And make all your praises I sing gibberish
But even in my bad breath
Please do find a sweet scent of Gratitude
A scent of appreciation.
As you sit on your throne.
For even if you cannot take me with my sight
I will require you to hide thy face and
Spare me your nose and ears
For even as I am I complain not because I cannot
Afford neither a toothpick nor a razor
I am much grateful
For if I cannot afford a tooth pick and a razor
You pick and raise me each day
So I can afford a life.
---Fampah Coyish---

No comments:

Post a Comment