Thursday 17 April 2014

A BET WITH LUCIFER

A BET WITH LUCIFER

The whirls, whorls and wheels of my thumb
I gave away freely
In return for liberation from molten poverty.
Now the tossed coin hangs in the air.
In the balance of your inconceivable promises it hangs.
Harvesting your deeds in the autumn of the leaves.
You build for your pride a wall of slime.
The wall; a decorated semblance for your morals
You deceived me, you made me bet
Due to your honey coated words
You lied to me!

My wife cannot afford a cloth on her chest
And now you are crying for another stamp
Of my whorls.
It was a fifty-fifty deal and let’s be honest
You promised me honesty but-
Your promises were void
By them I now feel cloyed.
But trust me, I’ve grown wings and learned wisdom-
With my rotten teeth.
So stand not again on the podium of failure
For vile promises will never again sway sentiments.
For as the serpent crawls with deceit,
So your elephant pride will, with deceit bring.

Anytime I sit to calculate the profits,
I’m been caught as a culprit cause
Now you suck on my kids, suck on me
Suck on my friends and all the innocent.
My sun blacks out each night while
White angels come fight me in my own realm
Where is the defense and where is the fence?
But I shall wait till the last day
When you’ll come to us
In another manifestic tears.
And oh!
Wipe not our tears with your stained hands-
The hands that clapped when the tears begun.
For then we shall show you our thumbs
But never give away
Cause then our horns will fully be grown and hard.
---Fampah Coyish, Poet Drit Collins---

© By Fampah Coyish, Poet Drit Collins-Awoken By Poems 2014

2 comments:

  1. Kwame Ofosu Debrah24 Jul 2014, 12:22:00

    hmm, very deep and consoling, i loved your dictions!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kwame Ofosu Debrah, much appreciated.

      Delete