Saturday 5 April 2014

DO ME A FAVOUR

~DO ME A FAVOUR~

Death often attends to those
Who least expect him
So I prepare with feast of expectancy
Each time waiting for him
So he will pass me by
But because he is inevitable
If by chance, he knocks on my door
Please do me a favour, and be honest.

Don’t come crying saying;
The world has lost a good man.
Never attempt reading lengthy Eulogies 
They will never bring me back to life.
So they will be weightless words and lies to my corpse.
And never tell the world in your course
I was a good man my entire life,
But whatever good you may say
Try to squeeze in the bad I did.
Never tell the world I was the worst
Man ever though!

But whatever bad thing you say of me,
Please chip in a fraction of  my good deeds.
Fear not, for to men you'll be seen unkind
But to my soul you will be remembered fair.
Remember  also and-
 Never be carried away with the 
Inscriptions to be carved on my tombstone.
Spice not my epitaph for-
Just raw words may suit me.

Remember my children-
Of how imperfect I was
Remind them of how I took
The deeds of men seriously, how fair I dealt
 With each one and how thankful I was to them-
And how grateful I was to God.

But whatever you say
If it may concern me as I lie
Please, do me a favour, and let it go like this;
This gentleman even as he lies gentle without a shoe,
Was a very good man but had
His very bad sides too.
---Fampah Coyish—

© By Fampah Coyish-Awoken By Poems 2014

4 comments:

  1. Sure I will do you this great favor. But you know that you are good person loved by many including me. I pray you dont die soon anyway. I just loved the expression.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I shall die but not now dear friend. Thank you so much for your feedback.

      Delete
  2. Very refletive. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for the feedback.

    ReplyDelete