Wednesday 17 September 2014

FUNTEDIUM

~FUNTEDIUM~ 
Your lessons were tough 
Your tests were difficult to pass 
Failing each one of them gave me the confidence 
That I have become a better student 
Better than my tutor and torturer 
Your spanks of tantrums made me understand 
The principles of patience and the concept of tolerance. 

Learning under your roof has been fun 
And tedious at the same time 
Being your student of love has been a flight of turbulence 
A sail full of tsunamis 
Being your first student of true love 
Came with lots of emotions 
It was like being the only man on earth without 
Any forbidden fruit. 
Life was so free and unbridled by any rule 
You taught me how to plant kisses but never 
Taught how they look like when ripen 
Or even how to harvest them. 

You handed me the sickle 
And gave me no idea of what it name was and it use. 
Your lessons were the hardest I have ever learned 
I was always utterly at sea 
Cause at my stage you lectured instead of teaching.
In spite of my failure to understand some concepts 
Of love you never saw me as good for nothing 
Amidst my failing moments you never gave up on me, 
You never did. 
But you saw that I could do much better someday to come and 
You made the little good that shone in me your notes to revise 
And always said there was more room for improvement. 

Your kiss lessons were my favourite class 
Especially the practical and the remarks that I got  
After every score-it was beautiful! 
You shot every lesson into my head 
Yet I was so naïve and immature to grasp them. 
Your arithmetic class was my enemy 
Cause I always had no earthly idea on how to calculate the future 
Our future, because the art of using figures  
Has never been a thing of me 
But if there be remarks to give concerning your lessons 
I shall say that it was funtedious 
---Fampah Coyish--- 

© By Fampah Coyish-Awoken By Poems 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment