Thursday 4 September 2014

SO THE SAY


~SO THE SAY~

 All words come from a tired, resigned depressed mind,
 That who we are is nothing but a boil out of terrible happenings.
That the rhyme and rhythm is nothing but the drumming of
 Our terrible troubled souls
And a heap of our shameful doings at heart we write
And if love is such a sweet painful story, I alter it not
And if the life we live is but a bitter unfair living, I alter not
And they say it, insinuating science and half boiled finding
Conjuring myths of why we exist-outsiders
Drunk in the philosophy of life, and the despair of our vanity
So they continue to say!
That we are failures that we are what we are
Because we failed our mathematics and life has no corner
To put us than only to be merciful to hand us ink and paper
 And they have all examples to show;
Pointing all great writers, philosophers and all creative minds
Telling me how they all when down eaten by their own fame
Swallowed by the insatiability of their creativity
And believe you and me, I almost believed.
So I heard them say,
But I tell you what I know, I’m a poet, I am a writer
And before it all befell me, I was, a simple poet
God in all his graces, found it in his mercies
And this Gift he bestowed on me with no traces.
Yes my poetry may be sad, because mostly life is sad
Yes my poetry may be about love, because life is all about love
And believe you me; I can alter not, what every eye can see
Life did not make me see poetry, poetry made me see life
And you can say all you want, but this pen I bear is not a sword
Beaten out of the irons of regrets, to murder ill pains and guilt
 But it’s purely a priceless gift.
---Ronald K. Socratise Ssekajja, Fampah Coyish---

© By Fampah Coyish, Ronald K Socratise Ssekajja-Awoken By Poems 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment