Thursday 21 August 2014

STRANGER WITHIN

~STRANGER WITHIN~

I’m a stranger in my own home
A ghost among the living
People can’t find me-they can’t see me
I’m invisible!

A convict in my own family
Everyone passing his verdicts
I’m a culprit-I have lost my value
But I have been the same since times old
Just a mustache and a beard
Is all the difference.

I’m a stranger in my own land
A disease to my birth right
An intruder to my thoughts
No more interesting to society
I have lost my family, I have lost the same
People and thing that once gave me hope
Or maybe I’m still been secretly cherished
I don’t know.

Everyone is afraid of me with reasons untold
Maybe my long hair looks like Medusa
But it’s just me.
I have lost my voice and cannot be heard
When I utter a thing.
Yet waiting to hear me speak first
So they could laugh
I have lost my hearing
 I have lost my mind
My sight and myself-Yet I’m still me!

I’m a stranger to my own family and society
No one wants to smile at me- all faces stern,
But if I‘m not invited in your midst,
If you can’t see me as human-as equals
Just let me know-that I may
Keep my distance and go find solace in the wilderness
Where even the lions will smile at me
And beckon me to go lie with them
For me being hairy just as them.
---Fampah Coyish---

© By Fampah Coyish-Awoken By Poems 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment