Tuesday 26 August 2014

TOWER OF BABEL

~TOWER OF BABEL~ 

Look at me 
Just intensely 
For I know you do like me so dearly 

Look closely 
For I’m still looking sternly. 
Stop stealing a glance 
For that won’t satisfy your hunger. 

Speak to me 
The language of us 
The one that we used to speak 
For I haven’t forgotten mine 
Even though it’s been very long 

Just the one you spoke to me 
While I was sweating under the tower of babel 
The language of all 
The language of unity, togetherness 
The ones we used to sleep in 
And made the devil look evil 
In his own evil eyes 

The language of one race 
One heart 
The language full of oneness, of tranquility 
Harmony and full of peace.  
And togetherness but-  
Not the one that we learned after our tower crushed down 
for I still do 
Remember mine.
---Fampah Coyish--- 

© By Fampah Coyish-Awoken By Poems 2014 

No comments:

Post a Comment