Friday 22 August 2014

TWENTY1ST CENTURY MAN

~TWENTY1ST CENTURY MAN~

 I know how to talk
To my chiefs, kings, queen mothers
And my elders
I have respect for all

I know how to stick my fingers
Into red pottage when eating with my mum
I respect customs and traditions
I value adages and proverbs of old
Which are now seen barbaric
For it’s those same barbarism that begat me.

 I don’t go in for women
With nipples stuck out in their dresses
For such women have nothing good to offer me
Than suicide and self-distraction.
 I don’t look at a woman’s bum twice
For I know it’s not right and it’s
Disrespectful to her in Christ,
I respect them
And try to treat them right
Even though I have failed in most cases.


 I still feel something within me
When I see the dangling breast of a woman
I know the essence of a vagina
And I will always stick to that.
I don’t look into the clouds
In the sky with eyes veiled with disrespect
And shout; there is no God!
There is no Heaven! And there is no Hell!-
Even though I’m a twenty-first Century man.
---Fampah Coyish---

© By Fampah Coyish-Awoken By Poems 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment